(Design To Sell) Learn How To Merchandise Your Art By Big Bear & Bird
About The Workshop
You’ve seen how some artists profit from their creativity – so how can you do the same? In this workshop, Sarah Amijo from Big Bear and Bird will share her tips and skills on how to turn your artworks and design ideas into marketable products. Partnering with Adorama (Pro Photo Lab), this workshop will also include touring the production area and also understanding your product printing materials.
As this is not a watercolor workshop or basic Photoshop workshop, you are required to know some basic Photoshop skill. DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR LAPTOP (WITH ADOBE PHOTOSHOP INSTALLED) and your artwork too! See you there!
What will you learn?
1. Developing your product:
- Product decision making
- Product design process
- Research and development
2. Monetizing your artwork:
- Pricing strategy
- Marketing tips
3. Protecting your art:
4. Turning your artwork into real product:
- Using Photoshop to prepare your artwork for production
- Tips to properly scanning and saving your artwork
- and finally… GET YOUR PRODUCT on hand
5. Getting to know your product materials:
- Tour around Adorama production area
- Understanding different type of printing material and product
ABOUT THE TEACHER(S)
Sarah Amijo, the creator of Big Bear & Bird, got her B.A Degree in Business Accounting. A year later, she followed her passion in art and graduated from Master of Fine Art in Illustration (2010, California State University of Fullerton). With Big Bear & Bird, she has been creating one-of-a-kind illustrations and exquisitely unique design ideas on papers and also on other mediums. Character illustrations are her signature plate, but she also love creating personalized hand-crafted projects as gifts, party decorations and also personal collections.
What is the price inclusive of?
- Lunch & Drinks
- Course Materials
- Your artwork printed on Totebag (by Adorama)
- Your artwork printed on A5 notebook (by Adorama)
- Goody Bags (By Big Bear & Bird)
- Adorama Production Tour
What do you need to bring?
1. Laptop (with Photoshop and Illustrator program installed)
2. Your artwork (file or original) less than A3, we’ll provide scanner
3. USB drive
4. Bring your mouse & mouse pad