Basic Shibori: The Color of Earth
About The Workshop
Hi Learners! In this Natural Dyeing Shibori Technique: The Color of Earth Workshop you will learn 4 basic Shibori techniques that can be developed into so many different patterns depending on your own creativity with several natural dye colors from barks. In this workshop we are adding new color which are indigo blue and green. Aside of theoretical knowledge on Shibori and natural dye, every participant will be given a piece of shawl sized soft cotton fabric for hands on practice.
What will you learn?
- Learn Basic Shibori techniques (Itajime, Kumo, tie dye, and hachinosu) that can be developed into tens different pattern
- Learn the history and theory of Shibori at a glance
- Learn about natural dye (fabric preparation and dyeing process)
- Be guided in the making of natural dye from barks and indigo
- Information of where to get materials after workshop
- The media used is shawl sized soft cotton (175cm x 70cm)
Schedule & other dates
ABOUT THE TEACHER(S)
Binzu is a “dream came true project”. Made in house by the hand of a passionate artist through varieties of dyeing technique, Binzu wishes to touch every people’s heart and accompany them to reach their dream through a piece of cloth that is lively, simple and joyful
What is the price inclusive of?
3. Tools (wood beam, rope, rubber band, marbles will be provided during the workshop)
What do you need to bring?