[Bike Trip] Learn About The Other Side of Kuningan (Jakarta) Through Cycling
About The Workshop
Let’s cycle and explore Kuningan – Jakarta’s most cosmopolitan neighborhood! In this travel workshop, you will experience:
– Jakarta’s last remaining 18th century mosque with Chinese Pagoda-style roof.
– Ereveld World War II cemetery for Dutch, British and Allied Forces Fallen Heroes.
– Urban kampung in the heart of Jakarta’s CBD.
– Statue of world-renowned Spanish surrealist in a Jakarta downtown office building (BIGGEST SURPRISE!). – Oldest Buddhist temple in South Jakarta, built by Batik merchants.
– Meet Third Wave Café Founder and learn about his passion for coffee.
– Trace the history of Batik-making communities in Karet Kuningan.
– Explore hidden parks.
– Culinary adventure.
– Graffiti hunting.
– Distance: approx. 12-20km
– Open to all levels of cycling ability
– Bike + Helmet rental available (extra Rp.150k)
What will you learn?
- Kemang's artistic side
- Art Galleries and unique boutiques.
- Discover quiet kampung life, explore alleyways, Kemang’s “Other Side”.
- Old Mosques and cemeteries of Betawi people, Kemang’s original inhabitants.
- Meet StartUp founders. Discover cool cafes and unique culinary experience.
- Experience Kemang’s unique fusion of traditional vs. modern.
- Visit traditional markets.
- Learn about Kemang’s history as an expat and creative neighborhood.
- Learn with like-minded people (expats, TCKs, Indonesian diaspora, creative entrepreneurs).
ABOUT THE TEACHER(S)
International Brand Storyteller/Strategist | Blogger on Innovation, Branding & Sustainability | International Speaker-Coach-Energizer | Travel Addict | Design Aficionado.
I love to start conversations and talk. I'm also passionate about writing, and I hope my brain capacity is big enough to transfer all the ideas into writing, and my hand is fast enough to write or type it. I believe conversations spark discussions, and there you train yourself to listen, and listen well. I'm still a work-in-progress. But what I've learned so far is that if you care to listen, you'll notice problems. A sharing process is built on trust. And you're only as good as the solutions and suggestions you provide.
So let's start a discussion so I'm given the opportunity to listen to your problem - whether big or small - and I might be in a better position to help you identify and suggest the right solution.
What is the price inclusive of?
If you have your own bycicle & helmet:
IDR 549.000 includes: water, snack, lunch
If you want to rent a bicycle and helmet:
IDR 699.000 includes: water, snack, lunch + bike and helmet rental
What do you need to bring?
- comfortable riding clothes, shoes, towel and hat
- personal first-aid kit or medication (if applicable)